LED Vs HID Vs Halogen Headlight: Darkness was something which human just isn’t comfortable with and never get used to it. To push away darkness there was a great Discovery in the Advent of artificial light. This hid light was produced by a device known as a headlight. This artificial light has invented all thanks to renowned engineers who made it possible for having as bright as the day even during the night times.
Hid headlights are devices which emit light and is scattered and not that bright to the human eye. They are more or less safe and easy to handle.
But this wasn’t a power or the mindset of people that would change to drive or to do anything in the darkness as only 25% of the American people used to drive in the night sky. This was a report which was given out by the US national highway traffic safety administration. Surely don’t gain the trust of people that it was safe to drive or use the light to turn in the night sky. But headlights became more and more fancy and more and more bright as the generations went past.
The applications for halogen light remained in the automotive industry and also paved the way for more fluorescent lights which were made handy at times of power cuts in the home or to shine a dark room in the night, the headlights invention enabled this.
- Best Headlights For Cars: LED VS HID VS HALOGEN
- What types of Headlight are Best: LED VS HID VS HALOGEN
- Different Types Of Headlights for Cars: LED VS HID VS HALOGEN
- HID Headlights for Cars
- Functions of HID Headlight for Car
- Types of HID lamps
- Specification of HID Headlight For Car
- Define of HID Headlights for Cars
- Halogen Headlight For Cars
- Conclusion- Which One To Choose: LED VS HID VS Halogen Headlight
Best Headlights For Cars: LED VS HID VS HALOGEN
Lights consist of a cupped reflector with a crown that includes an opening and also has an open side opposite to that of the crown. There is an inner reflecting surface which is applied and is to be protected against unwanted matter at ambient temperature.
The lens is then tightly sealed which closes the open side and an incandescent bulb is placed through the opening and into the reflector which is to be protected.
This includes sockets which are put through the opening in the crown and have a radially projecting circular flange which is encircling the tight seal along with the socket. This is the general construction of the headlight which gives us the insight of it actually is design and performs.
But regarding the intensity of the light coming out of the headlight, there were some rules and regulations under which they had to surpass the tests conducted on them in order for them to function in particular countries or regions.
The center-weighted distribution of light is directed flat out in the direction of the sight of the driver and has no control over the light which is being directed hence being this bright. This could be a little bit dangerous as this might temporarily blind the oncoming driver and might cause accidents too.
In the North American regulations, they permit higher intensity headlamps than low-intensity lights under the international ECE Regulations. On the other hand, the low power headlight is for the general is of the headlight right from the start, as it provides the same amount of intensity of light.
What types of Headlight are Best: LED VS HID VS HALOGEN
A headlight is designed on the basis of performing two main functions namely high beam light and low beam light. High beam is the role of the headlight in providing high-intensity bright light on the dark roads for a long distance and has more coverage in the darkest of places.
These lights are designed in such a way that they are required to provide adequate light in the direction of the driver’s view but also have control over the distribution of small particles. The light beams don’t travel that far and are limited to a shorter distance.
The primary function is to indicate the incoming driver of your presence on the road such that no accidents do occur.
Under the international ECE Regulations, there are some regulations embossed on the shape and construction of the headlights, have to be a sharp beam of light with an asymmetrical cut off preventing a legend quantity of light not flashed onto your eyes which may result in a lot of casualties onto the care which are on the opposite side of you.
The glare control (the intensity of the light which is reflected by a headlight which is imparted on the different driver which is to monitor is known a glare control) is not that strict in the North American states. In addition to high beam and low beam there consists of one more function called as dippers.
They are nothing but fluctuating from high beam to low beam rapidly. These are really helpful at high speeds to notify the object near you to move or give way for you to go in the front without the use of horns or to indicate the incoming traffic of your presence. But this is not all that the headlights are used for.
LED Headlight For Cars
The Advent of led headlights paved way for many newer discoveries as a halogen light bulb was available all day throughout the year. They were basically invented for the automotive industry to be attached in front of the vehicles to make them have a better view in driving during the night times.
This brought a drastic change in the automotive industry as people started to drive more into the evening rather than the day making life and travel much more peaceful than it was ever before. They have many other uses too and one of them being that they are also utilized in the daytime. Daytime lights were invented in the year 1990 and were a revolution ever since.
- They have many other uses too and one of them being that they are also utilized in the daytime. Daytime lights were invented in the year 1990 and were a revolution ever since.
- It paved way for the further expansion of the headlight dynasty by not only using it in the night but also during the daytime. But daytime running lamps (DRL) were fog lights which provide light to penetrate the thick fog and to enable the human eye to see through it.
This functionality was a breakthrough in the automotive industry and was soon adopted by almost all the European countries and even others too which included Albania, Argentina, Russia, Uruguay, Iceland, etc.
In the world, at present, there are two different beam patterns and also headlight construction standards (the structure of the light which we will talk about it later). There are two standards of headlight:
- ECE Standards
- SAE Standards
ECE Standards: The ECE standards are mandatory in almost all the industrialized nations except the USA. SAE standards are only in the USA and nowhere else in the world.
SAE Standards: The SAE Standards are only in the USA and nowhere else in the world.
Comparison Between SAE & ECE Standards
- The intensity of glare which is being emitted by the headlights.
- In, SAE, the glare is required less, and in ECE, the glare is expected a bit more.
The low beams under the ECE standards are characterized by a horizontal cutoff line on the top of the beam imparted by the headlights. This can be observed in the dark as below the line it is bright and above it is dark.
Halogen Headlight for Cars
The side beams are placed according to the left or the right depending on the car and the region the car was designed to be generally is dedicated to direct the beam of light onto the pedestrians and road signs for better visibility.
On the other hand the SAE standards have no cutoff factor in their low beams but even if it were to be present then it would be further classified into VOL which is similar to that found on the ECE standards beam but the cutoff is placed on the top left side of the beam and is directed slightly below the horizontal.
The second classification is VOR which has its cutoff at the top right side of the imparted beam and aimed directly towards the horizon.
Ever since the Advent of headlights the perspective of a headlight was understood but the factor of giving what color of light was yet to be decided and also was a challenge to decide what color gave the brightest shade of light on the darkest roads.
Primary Function of Headlights
Headlights are required to produce white lights and are mandatory in the both the ECE and SAE standards. Mainly all the countries in the world generally demand white lights on their cars as they have more penetration power and can also make it visible to the naked eye to see through the darkest of the area with ease or without any trouble at all.
In the early days, the headlights imparted a yellow color light which was not bad but not that effective also. Different parts of the world have various types of light color depending on the region and nation.
Choosing the best headlight bulbs that can be very simple & easy way to higher light output for the brighter bulbs, so that it is more important to brighter bulbs that might to be the more intensity to the headlight bulbs.
This is due to the climatic or natural conditions of a particular area. Some areas also demand a very special set of characteristics on a car. Monaco is a very good example of this as it is required to have a yellow light with low beams along with fog lamps nothing but DRL and high beam lights.
But the major challenge to gain more intensity from the headlights and for better functionality was its placement on the car which resulted in sound beams or just couldn’t help the driver see what’s happening right in front of him. It the positioning of the headlights depends from place to place.
Either the ECE and SAE standards have different regulations for the nation’s or regions that are being controlled by them.
In the ECE standards ( in the USA ) it is required to have headlights of a particular height such that it is visible for one n all and also enables everyone to see clearly what is in front of them and around.
Depending on the car there is a fixed height at which the headlights is to be positioned and also at what angle should it be imparting the beam on the roads.
But generally, all the beacons are placed in a particular way that the area in front of them is visible and not much is seen ( because all the lights are in low beam light and only on high beam turn on the intensity increases and the distance covered is rapidly more ).
The positioning and the correct angle of the headlights favor for a better result in both coverage and visibility. But as the days went by many different kinds of lights hit the market and created a revolution in the automotive industry.
If study all of the various types would take forever but to understand the basic set up and physical breakdown of a headlight is interesting. A standard light consists of headlight housing and bulbs.
Different Types Of Headlights for Cars: LED VS HID VS HALOGEN
Headlight housing is the place where the lamp resides. The term housing is used so as to indicate that the bulb which powers the entire headlight lives in the housing which also enables in the maximum intensity and brightness of the light along with beautiful beam patterns capable of covering long distances with ease.
The lights are classified into two types namely reflectors and projector. Ever since the Advent of lights, reflectors are the once which are used and also very efficient at the time of its discovery. It may be not in function nowadays but sure is a remarkable piece of engineering.
The headlight is generally mounted in the front which is flat and surrounding with a chrome plated object which generally reflects the light back on the road.
The build which is placed in the housing is actually covered with a chrome plated piece which is a safety measure as this prevents the bulb from blinding the drivers on the oncoming side of the road and also to control the beam pattern of the headlight. The other kind is projectors.
Types of Headlight LED VS HID VS HALOGEN Here is the Video that you can go through easily to Check the Video:
Automotive Industry of LED Headlight for Cars
These are the latest advents in the automotive industry as the words literally give their function which is to project light on the road. The bulb here is similar to that of the reflector housing but consists of a projector bowl. This generally reflects all the light towards the magnified projector lens in the housing which is chrome plated for obvious reasons.
The light then hits the house, and after it hits the housing, it impacts the light onto the road which is shaped in the pattern of the housing. These are customizable and are removable too. Not the entire headlight but only the build and can be suited to retrofit to your particular Tate in color and intensity.
Generally, these are being used more in the current generation as they provide a sharp cutoff line and also have a Superior output with high focused light. Then we come down to bulbs which are the main part of the headlight without which headlights wouldn’t function at all.
The Advent of the bulb paved way for many new greater inventions and also has seen a diverse change in the bulb industry and creating a lot more of cheaper, brighter bulbs than the ones which were made in the earlier days.
LED Driving Lights for Cars
A light emitting diode (LED) is a semiconducting device which consists of two lead strips and is a source of emitting light. There is a junction known as a p-n junction which emits light when activated. LED’s are the most recent of discoveries that have to place in the headlight industry. They are tiny and yet very efficient and doesn’t cost much to make too.
They are small in size making them very easy to bend and shape them into any form which makes them perfect for using them on headlights. They have come from a long way from just being used as small indicating lights. They are used everywhere from televisions to laptops and also play a fundamental role in the mobile industry also.
Working Of A LED Headlight
The working of LED’s is really simple and easy. When a suitable voltage of particular frequency is applied, the electrons recombine with the electron holes within the device to release photons of desired quantity depending on the voltage that has been implemented as well as the excitation of photons.
This effect is known as electroluminescence and the color of the light entirely is based upon the photons released as well as the energy bandgap of the semiconductor.
LED’s are typically small and are used in the shape of the radiation pattern. Even when the necessary voltage is provided the LED’s may not shine or rise up to their expected brightness but with a bit of tweak here and there they sure are efficient and user-friendly in all ways.
LED’s hit the max brightness with a millionth of a second when compared to HID and halogen headlights.
Uses of LED Headlight
This is the main reason that LED are used in the brake lights of vehicle’s and is proven to be much more useful as it improved the reaction time for hitting the brakes on the road by more than 30%. This is something remarkable and on top of this, the LED’s used in a car is more likely to withstand 15000 hours of headlight use. In just a few word’s say that there are pros & cons of Led Headlight:
Advantages of LED light
- Small and Really Efficient
- Energy and Consumptions of Energy
- Lighting System
- Cost Effective
Disadvantages of LED light
- Clean Free Energy
- High Power Device
Specifications of Led Lights for Car
In the mean time that Led lights to have the standard LED’s these result in producing of a particular choice when altered it the voltage given to the LED’s and also depends on the rate of excitation of electrons.
- These are 20mA LED’s which ranges from 40mW to 90mW and can give multi colors such as 1.9-2.1V gives you red, orange, yellow and transitional green. 3-3.4V gives you pure green and blue. 2.9-4.2V offers violet, purple and white.
- These are very handy for decorations and other party purposes.
- The last one is ultra-high output miniature LED’s which are designed to be visible in the daylight. They are 20mA LED’s ranging from 2 to 4-5V.
- These are connected in a series to form a strip of 5-12V LED’s which can be used in cars and also depend on the voltage can give those colors what you desire.
- There are Some great power LED’S can produce more than a thousand lumens of an intensity of light, and the power densities of up to 300W/cm2 are achieved, but these require a heat sink as they produce a lot of heat and are risky while using them and fragile too. If the availability of a heat sink isn’t there then the device fails within second’s and can result in permanent damage to the product.
- There are some switches a driven by AC current. These LED’s are of high intensity and of greater use in the field of high-frequency lights, traffic signals, etc.
- They are also employed in the application of flashlight to illuminate a dark room. This is possible as it is connected to a multivibrator which allows the current to pass and stop in split seconds to keep flashing and switching it off for one second.
This can be used in various sophisticated devices and also have a sequence of RGB colors in any course possible. Even in custom LED’s there lay different kinds of forms such as RGB which illuminate red blue and green color in various ways when connected within a single lead and also are built in one electronic unit, and they can have either positive or negative point depending on its usage.
Functioning of Led Headlight:
Then, there are decorative purposes, alphanumeric which has a segment or a strip of several LED’s lined up together which can display all numbers and a limited set of letters, then there is digital RGB which are am ongoing process of illuminating the LED by it’s won as each LED is connected to a microprocessor and hence regulates the voltage flow and the sequence in which it has to illuminate.
There are two options of Functioning Led Headlight & Halogen Bulbs:
- It consists of the biggest LED replacement option for that having halogen bulbs can be replaced by LED’s as it gives a sleek look and more of a classy finish. But the alternative method is to buy and entire new headlight fixture.
- Mainly talking about the automotive world, LED’s play a very key role in the design and even the functioning of the vehicle. Car manufacturers live using LED’s as they are flexible and Don not cause any sort of problems and is up very little amount of energy which is all the car manufacturers want which is cheap and efficient at the same time.
But replacing an entire headlight on a car is something much of huge expense since the replacement option I’d prefer much a money saver in all aspects of lights in automobiles. But installation of LED’s in the car can be a bit of task as the entire circuit has to change and also needs to be modified to the specifications of the LED’s requirements.
This is because of the LED’s function in a typical lower voltage that the offered voltage of 12V given by the car. This may cause fluctuations in the vehicle as it may confuse the computer on bad whether or not to provide electricity or not, but after installation proper ventilation has to be provided as this may result in an improper functionality of the LED’s as heat generated is really high and also may cause it malfunction.
This is prevented by providing a heat sink to each LED’s which is a painstaking task but if in a strip it can be provided very easily.
Proper Functions of Led Headlights
Some manufacturers even believe that the LED’s when fitted in a car or and an object will last for the lifetime of the car that it has been installed if taken care of properly and be provided with sufficient cold air. This is prevented by providing a heat sink to each LED’s which is a painstaking task but if in a strip it can be provided very easily. Due to its compact nature heat generated is concentrated in a particular region.
- This has to be taken it for its proper function. As a result, they are provided with Colling fans to cool down the LED’s and give them a long lasting life.
- They have various usages like in the car, aviation, decorative purposes etc. But this can also lead to some problems as they are compact and because of this, it might cause it to malfunction because of the heat generated. They need to be cooled all the time of its usage for its long lasting life.
Another issue is that it is very fragile and can break very easily so proper care had to be taken. But LED’s are way stronger and also better than the other two. Now let’s take a look at the other kinds of headlights that we are dealing with.
HID Headlights for Cars
High-intensity discharge headlights are typical electrical gas- discharge headlights which produce light by the generation of an electric arc in between the tungsten electrodes housed inside the quite clear or transparent fused quartz arc tube.
The container is entirely filled with a typical kind of gas along with metal salts for the generation of the arc to produce light in its initial strike. When the arc is generated, the heat produced evaporates the metal salts in the creation of plasma which facilitates the increasing intensity of light which is produced by the arc and also reduces the power consumption of the entire headlight.
Functions of HID Headlight for Car
In recent times, the HID headlights have had a breakthrough by newer and newer lights making more and brighter visible view in the daytime by using very less power for its functionality. This is visible as the major portion of its radiation is in contrast to the infra-red light.
- However, the efficiency of the headlight can decrease up to 70% for over 10000 hours of continuous functionality. The construction of HID headlights is really simple.
- They are designed differently for various uses in chemistry, light intensity, color rendering Index etc. In some HID headlights contain traces amounts of noble gases such as xenon to make it called as xenon HID headlights.
- These are very useful as they ensure that the flickering of lights while starting it doesn’t take place and also enables in the long lasting nature of the headlight.
- They can reach maximum brightness in a matter of few seconds.
Types of HID lamps
- Mercury Vapor Lamps
- Metal Halide Lamps
- Ceramic HID Lamps
- Sodium Vapor Lamps
HID have a greater intensity of light and also has more glare when compared to nay of the other two. The first ever HID lights were the Mercury vapor lamps which exhibited a bluish green light.
As generations went by, the color produced by these lamps have a less pronounced tint to it with advanced changes and development in recent times. But these are inefficient and are no longer in use when compared to the other kinds of HID lamps.
Metal Halide and Ceramic Metal Halide Lamps
They produce a prominent white color which distinguishes in May of its uses in an aquarium, shooting movies, flashes, TV’s, indoor outdoor sports game; automotive headlights (which we will talk about later), etc. are some of its primary applications.
Low-Pressure Sodium Vapor Lamps
They are very efficient and are also very useful in day to day Life. The exhibit a deep orange light which have an effective CRI and when viewed under this light it appraised to be monochromatic in nature. This is particularly very useful in the making of photographic safelights.
High-Pressure Sodium Vapor Lamps
They are much whiter and also noticeably much more efficient that the previous ones. HID require a ballast to ignite their arcs and the method generally varies of striking their arcs.
Mercury Vapor Lamps & Mercury Halide Lamps
- Mercury Vapor Lamps and Mercury Halide Lamps have a third electrode near one of its main electrodes which function as an arc ignitor.
- Whereas, other lamp styles are usually switched on by the pulses of high electric voltage. But some exist which consists of a radioactive substance such as Krypton-85 and thorium as their primary source of ignition and help in keeping the headlight running.
Application of HID Headlight of Cars
- Krypton-85 is found mixed with argon which is present in the arc tube of the HID in the form of gas.
- The main application of thorium is used as an electrode.
- The possess ionizing properties which result in the production of ionizing radiation.
- The produce alpha and beta radiation which causes high ionizing conditions inside the lamp without being the emissions escaping the light.
- A number of gamma emissions which escape are negligible as the number produced is unknown.
Functioning of HID Headlight
The ballast also monitors the rate of flow of current and the current intensity reaching the bulb for its standard functionality. The balls mainly convert the DC power of the car to AC power required for the striking of an arc in the tubes for its proper functionality and continuous supply of it.
As we discussed LED’s, HID’s also can be purchased as full headlight replacement kits or as DIY plugins. The installation of HID requires a ballast whose primary function is to create a high voltage to initiate the arc to run the HID. It is the same as the installation of LED.
In just a few word’s say that there are pros & cons of HID Headlight:
Advantages of HID Headlight
- Longer Lifetime
- More Efficient than halogen, use less power
- Better Visibility
Disadvantages of HID Headlight
- Too much Glare, Maintaining Problems.
- High Cost.
- More Complex System than Halogen Bulbs.
- They take few seconds to full brightness.
Specification of HID Headlight For Car
- HID’s have an intelligent selection of colors on the color spectrum offering ranges from 3000k to 30000k. But in a recent research, most people prefer the range of 4000k to 6000k on the color spectrum.
- These colors are the best in their game for mimicking daylight and also have the best night driving results in its game.
- Due to its arc ignition feature, the light generation at this point t of 4-5 seconds will be of the least intensity. This is because the HID’s need to be warmed up for its continuous use.
- The light reduced by the HID is along with the infra-red spectrum along with the visible light.
- This makes it even easier to the people in the colder regions of the world to actually use this in the melting of ice and snow.
- In the market, HID headlights and the entire kit are found at very cheap rates comparatively and also the best out there.
- Its nature to lose about 35% of its efficiency in the first 10000 hours, their prices are cheap and only last for 2500 hours.
- HID headlights are the oldest in the light world and are found in almost every car possible, but the installation of these lights should be down properly as they might affect the driver on the oncoming side and may cause a lot of accidents.
But all this comes with only proper care and protection of the headlights and also looking after it like a little kid. If not taken care properly they tend to start fluctuating and also not work at times. During the end of their lifespan, they exhibit a phenomenon called cycling.
These lamps can be used or commenced in the voltages and cause it to run on high temperature throughout its operation.
However, the initial gas pressure increases and regulates the arc which is required for its operation. This results in the arc to cut off which results in the lamp to shut down and then cool off and the process needs to be repeated all the time until the exact amount of voltage is supplied for the generation of an arc throughout its operation.
Define of HID Headlights for Cars
In, the developments in the ballast designs have paved the way for it to detect the phenomenon of cycling and stop the attempts after 2-3 tries but if you take out the weight and try to start it again from the circuit, it’ll make the same efforts all over again to switch on the HID. But the major factor for its lifespan is its operation and the way it is being operated.
Depending on it’s turning on/off manufacturers claim to have 2500 hours on HID headlights which are more than that of the halogen lights. But If you are using a HID, and want to replace it then there are some product recommendation for you.
KENSUN HID KIT FOR CARS
- If you opt for a HID kit, kensuns HID kit is the best in the league and also really efficient. Not only is it efficient but also it is cheaper and available in 12 different color temperatures.
- They come as low as $30 but the premium ones start at $60 which is pretty reasonable.
- They are various other options out there much more expensive but will last you longer days and also have a better intensity of light output ratio than the intake.
- When u buys the kensun HID kit, it comes with 2 bulbs and 2 ballasts which are all stored in a cool aluminum case.
- The lights a pre-wired which help in easy installation of the kit and also no issues are caused which installing the equipment.
- The kit also comes with a 2-year warranty and also with a lifetime of more than 10 times of a halogen bulb.
- HID are very useful for various applications and also have a high-intensity output which means to say that HID’s generally are slow in the beginning in producing light but in the long run, they are the brightest and also the very best in their game.
But due to their not so high nature of longevity and durability, they tend to lack much use. But overall they are bright and gets the job done with ease.
Halogen Headlight For Cars
The problem in the early stages of the automotive industry was the energy which needed to available for the efficiency of the vehicle at a cars disposal was quite a feat to conquer and overcome. So the engineers sought through many solutions for this and came and settled down with tungsten filaments which were similar to the ones found in the household incandescent bulbs.
These are still in operation ever since their application in 1960’s as they are placed in a bubble shaped headlight to improve performance and longevity of the light. These are the traditional and cheap costing lighting options as they continue to be widely fitted in vehicles all throughout the world in almost every automotive machine out there.
There are plenty of ways to which it can be upgraded such as to install brighter bulbs of the same kind which offers between 30%-100% more light than the ones which were already installed. Installation of energy saving light bulbs which paved the way for longer life spans and also they kept and reduced quite a lot of energy.
Adding some personal touch of xenon to the lamp which gave out a bluish tint to the light which only is meant for cosmetic or customization purposes in vehicles.
Functioning of Halogen Headlight
These bulbs are widely used, but because of their ability to produce a significant amount of heat and also deposit skin moisture on the bulbs can reduce their functionality and also their performance depending on the skin moisture accumulated. The halogen lamp is also known as a quartz iodine bulb.
- The combination of halogen with tungsten paved way for it to produce halogen cycle which performed as a redepositing cycle of the evaporated tungsten onto the filament back again.
- This resulted in it longitivity and also gave out a clearer brightness. Because of this feature, it can operate at high temperature without any sort of discomfort than that of a standard glass filled bulb producing light of cooler temperatures and higher luminosity.
- The compact size of the bulbs helps it to be placed in the projector and in the headlights of vehicles.
Today in the world about 90% of the cars which run on the road consist of halogen bulbs fitted into their headlights. But this is not a new Innovation but ever since the Advent of cars the technology has been refined through ages to smoke it more and more efficient.
When the halogen bulb emits light it tends to emit light as well as a lot of heat which results in the untouchability of it when it switched on. This was a problem which had to be brought under control and could lead to several different kinds of accidents.
Specification of Halogen Headlight for Cars
- The halogen bulb has only 2%-4% efficiency. All this is because the amount of power emitted by a lamp is lesser than the electrical energy drawn.
- In the world many regions allow halogen bulb to function in the cars. They usually perform in the range of 50W-60W.
- This range is entirely based on the power emitted by the bulb when compared to the power intake of the bulb. Well, what makes this bulb sell more and more is its simplicity in its function and durability in nature.
They have simple and straightforward wiring which keeps the bulbs steady and rigid and free from any complex errors as of such. Even if nothing holes mainly the tungsten filaments might be damaged which can be replaced. Hence it gives a real cost-free experience for one n all.
Some insight into how the halogen bulb is so famous, there are few bulbs which exhibit excellent high performance for a fraction of the price and have a long lasting nature. First, it’s the Sylvania Silver Star Ultra and the second namely Philip’s Xtreme vision.
Sylvania Silver Star Ultra halogen bulbs
- Sylvania is a US based company which is dominating the market with its high-performance products are very affordable rates.
- They make various kinds of light products and supply it directly to the car manufacturers acting like original equipment manufacturer (OEM).
- They have a high value in the business world, and also their products have the tendency to last longer without any damage at all.
- One of their products is the Sylvania Silver Star Ultra which is the highest performer in their range of products and with the cheapest of price tags.
Backup Hour: 200hr
Output: 4100K Light
- The majority of the customers coming hat it has a very short life span for the price they have to pay. Another company which is renowned for its outstanding products and services is Philips.
- Phillips X-treme vision is one of the product from Philips which is leading their halogen bulb product line.
- Philips is also known as the Giants in electronic consumer gadgets, their products are more durable and robust in the given scenario.
Much like Sylvania, they offer a lot more range in their halogen bulb line across the market in the world. The advertisement for the X-treme has stated that it is 130% times brighter than the typical halogen bulb and has a 45m distance of coverage in total. Along with all this comes the price which is priced at about $24 backed up with a 1-year warranty.
Along with all this Philips claims it to have a lifespan of around 320 hours. It is not bad when compared to the Sylvania but has a power intake of about 55W and has a much yellower output at only 3700k. Clearly, the Philips bulb is better and cheaper than the Sylvania and has a better customer rating at about 4.1 stars. The Philips has a much yellower lighting which is less bright than the Sylvania and also has a shorter life span which customers complained about.
Conclusion- Which One To Choose: LED VS HID VS Halogen Headlight
- About the above context, the LED and HID are the ones dominating the market and also possess a wider chance of growth in their domains.
- In this current situation, the HID’s are favored more as they have a brighter output and less intake when compared to the LED and halogens.
- Halogens are the preferred bulbs used in almost all the current automotive industry making it widely available and cheaper to use.
- The LED’s, on the other hand, is for aesthetic purposes and also helps in making it classier and brighter than the other two.
Having its compact nature and high beam intensity, no wonder car manufacturers look at working with LED more than any other form of light.
- HID’s and LED’s are far off the game with their luminous intensity of light and long lasting features, but all this comes at a price, but when compared to halogens it is cheap and cost free as everything is straightforward and nothing that complicated when compared to LEDs and HID’s.
But at times LED’s and HID’s sure do possess threats of self-distraction over a particular usage and don’t allow many people to use them but instead, prefer halogen. But at the end of the day, LED’s are better, but everything comes at a price and also doesn’t ensure it’s working after a particular point of time.
When it comes to HID’s, it’s the same thing over here where everything comes at a risk. If taken care of it will fit action for an extended period but has to maintain in top condition for longer usage. But these are a bit cheaper and can be used on a regular basis but only with proper care.
- Halogens in the last are the oldest form of producing light on a car. In recent times much advancement in technology has paved the way for making it the best source of light for a headlight.
- It’s due to its overheating nature, and also its short life span it falls and fails to impress many. But due to its simplicity, it seems more and also because of its robust nature and also it’s dynamic coverage of distance it sure is the one chalice for people looking for cheap, bright and quite an average short span of a light source.
Thus, everything is great and bad on one the or the other, and it entirely is based on one’s preference whether or not to choose from LED’s, HID’s or halogens for their headlights.
If You Buy Now Now this Product so Click Here: